New Partnership Between Espressif and Ubidots

Apr 27, 2017

Espressif Systems and Ubidots have teamed up to deliver greener, faster and more secure IoT solutions for everyone.

We are delighted to announce that Ubidots and Espressif Systems have become business partners. Ubidots is an Internet of Things (IoT) data analytics and visualization company. It provides a simple and secure connection, which allows for real-time sending and retrieval of data through their cloud services. Ubidots enables businesses, educators and tinkerers to build IoT applications which turn sensor data into actionable insights.

Users of Espressif products can now turn to Ubidots in order to visualize data collected by their ESP devices. In doing so, they will significantly decrease the cost required to transform data into information that matters in various different situations ranging from educational research to business decisions, and from machine-to-machine interactions to the economization of global resources. Ubidots can offer an easy, reliable and affordable means of integrating the power of the IoT and Espressif into business and research.

Espressif’s contribution to this collaboration will be based on its main series of products, ESP32 and ESP8266, which provide powerful solutions for any IoT deployment. On the one hand, ESP32 combines Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy in a microcontroller unit which can interface with other systems through SPI/SDIO or I2C/UART. ESP32 also achieves ultra-low power consumption with fine-grained clock gating and dynamic power scaling. On the other hand, ESP8266 is engineered for mobile devices, wearable electronics and IoT applications. It runs a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) and its Wi-Fi stack takes only up to 20% of CPU time, which leaves the remaining 80% for user applications. 

When Ubidots and Espressif decided to officially launch their partnership, ESP8266 was already highly popular with Ubidots’ users —a 20,000-strong community of IoT developers. In the following weeks, Ubidots’ IoT device library will be enriched with more chip applications related to ESP8266 and ESP32. Espressif Systems and Ubidots look forward to energizing the Internet-of-Things revolution with a partnership which is intended to promote green, low-power wireless technology.

  • News
    The launch of our new products ESP32-PICO-D4 and ESP32-PICO-KIT on November 2nd at the AWS Pop-up Loft was attended by an enthusiastic audience in San Francisco.
  • News
    The world’s first ESP8266 IoT contest, organized by Espressif, myDevices, SparkFun and was one of the most successful community IoT competitions to date.
  • News
    Mongoose OS, an Operating System for connected products and Internet-of-Things applications, provides the ESP community with an easy way to develop their connected products in JavaScript or C.